Competitors must perform in two or more classes of the same discipline to be eligible for Awards and Scholarships.
Sefton Memorial Scholarship ($300.00)
Deadline for application of this award is the current year’s festival entry deadline date of January 21st 2021
This award is to be presented to the most outstanding performer in the Sefton Competition, who has performed a memorized work of at least Grade 8 Level in the Melfort Music Festival.
1. Application may be made to compete for the scholarship by a student who will continue musical education in the following year.
2. Application for the scholarship is to be made at the time of festival entry by the completion of a separate form, and the adjudicators will have the privilege of requesting participation in this competition by any performer who meets the requirements.
3. There will be a competition, among all the students who applied and those chosen by the adjudicators, to determine the winner. This competition will take place at the end of the regular festival in the presence of a panel of judges who will determine the winner.
4. The competitor will choose one selection for this competition from MMF registered classes that meets all requirements for this competition.
5. A competitor may only win this scholarship once.
6. This competition encompasses an area within 100 kilometer radius of the city of Melfort.
7.THE COMPOSITION PERFORMED MUST BE A GRADED REPERTOIRE SELECTION THE EQUIVALENT OF GRADE 8 OR HIGHER. NO UNGRADED ARRANGEMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
8. Each performer will need to introduce themselves, their selection and composer, and prepare something to tell the audience about the piece they have chosen. Each performer will be judged on the musical selection as well as the entire stage presence to make this a competition based on the overall performance.
9. The competitors must perform their chosen selection by memory during the festival scholarship competition.
10. The winner is entitled to another monetary award in the festival, at the discretion of the adjudicator.